Thursday, November 29, 2012

Coro Santa Maria



I attended the Fall Choral Concert, presented by the choir at St Mary's University, on Thursday evening.  The photo above shows the bell tower in the middle of campus, with the student center in the background.

















Kathy quickly reviews the concert program a few minutes before taking the stage.  And all this time I thought she knew which songs would be presented before the concert began!


Coro Santa Maria started with Scarlatti's Exulte Deo.  Kathy is with her fellow altos on the right.


















The second piece featured some nice horn playing by Aaron Cook, who sing bass in the choir.  If I ever learn how to convert videos from the Sony proprietary format and how to imbed them in a post, I will add a video clip of the choir's eighth and final work of the evening, the extremely stirring Elijah Rock as arranged by Moses Hogan.


After what was a very impressive concert, I headed back to my parking space.  On the way, I snapped several photos of the decorated-for-Christmas campus.























The bell tower really is quite beautiful, especially at night.

















The recently refurbished administration building, St. Louis Hall, was nicely illuminated.


Note:  To see all fifteen photos of this evening on the St. Mary's University campus, click here for my Flickr page, then click on "Slideshow."
 

No comments: